Wednesday 15 June 2011

The Hermit and 'standing in stone'

The tarot card I drew for today is The Hermit from my Tarot of Trees deck.


The card can appear at first to be very stark. The tree stands alone in a barren landscape. But to be alone is not the same as being lonely. This card reminds me of the need to step back inside myself and reflect on what it happening in my life. It reminds me to take time out to sort through my thoughts, feelings and emotions. The Hermit is a card that often comes out in a reading for me and I am not usually surprised to see it. It shows me that however confused things may seem that there is always a way forwards as signified by the lantern hanging from the tree. This enables us to value the wisdom of solitude when needed and to achieve ‘illumination’ regarding our situation.

So if you feel the need for some time alone, don't be afraid to take it. This could be anything from a quiet half hour in your garden or local park to a more significant stepping back for a period of time. You should find that having stood still for a while you will emerge refreshed and rejuvenated. A friend once referred to it as ‘standing in stone’ and I think this describes it perfectly. How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment