Monday 20 June 2011

How much information should you give a tarot reader?



This is something I have been pondering in recent times. I do not believe that the Tarot can predict the future. Humans are such dynamic creatures that one decision can change the life path and thus the future. I do believe that the tarot can thoroughly explore the issues surrounding a querent and assist them to make informed and considered decisions.

Many tarot readers pride themselves on asking just for a name and a question. Sometimes they may also ask for a birth date. Querents also tend to expect only to give this very basic information. It’s as if the tarot reader needs to ‘prove’ their fortune telling ability (assumed or otherwise) by having as little information about the querent as possible. I am asking myself now how helpful this really is.

Can you imagine going for therapy and just giving your name and birth date? Or going to a solicitor, doctor or citizens advice bureau etc and just giving this small amount of information? It wouldn’t work and it is my belief that it hampers tarot readings when the reader does not have more information. If a querent wants to get the most out of a reading then at the very least I believe that a summary of their situation is helpful to the reader. This enables the reader and querent to work closer together and more in depth.

Come and join the debate at http://www.tabi.org.uk/forum/index.php or post a comment here! I would be very interested to hear what others have to say about this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment