Thursday 14 July 2011

Todays tarot card is the Five of Cups

I have just bought the Radiant Rider Waite tarot deck and was shuffling it when this card caught my eye.



It is a bleak card at first glance. A figure gazes morosely at three spilled cups, his/her posture is hunched and defeated. He/she has their back to the two upright cups and is ignoring the bridge over the river.

There is however a positive message in this card and one that I have taken to heart. It is time to stop crying and being preoccupied with past wrongs (the spilled milk) and turn my focus on to what I still have (the two full cups and the bridge across the river). I can still get where I want to go but the path is a different one to how I had envisioned. This is a card that says stop dwelling on things you can’t change and concentrate on the things you can. Learn to let go of the things which aren’t making a positive contribution to your life, forgive and move on. Live life – that new beginning is just around the corner!

No comments:

Post a Comment